Endlave is a type of humanoid war machine used for military purposes. These have apparently been used since prior to the series almost exclusively by the Japanese military and GHQ forces. These are mostly used in place or in conjunction with the now obsolete military tank units.
The Endlave has two different forms: a tank-like mobile form and human-like form. The tank form is mostly used for mobile purposes in which the Endlave basically colapses on itself. It's human form is mostly straight-lined, with thin legs and arms and a rectangular-shaped head with two slits that serve as it's eyes and glow with a red light. The first Endlave-type featured a navy colour-scheme. The custom model Steiner dramatically differed from these mass-production models, featuring a white colour scheme, shoulder appendages and a much more stream-lined appearence. The later Ghost-type units were nearly identical to the first units, though had a dark/purple colour scheme.
Later on the series new Endlaves used by the U.N featured a more bulky and rounded appearence with darker colour schemes. The Funeral Parlor also showed a rebuild version of the Steiner-model; a slightly bulkier version, with more appendages and with purple highlights. The GHQ's new Gespenst is the most radically different version, with a much bulkier appearence and size that easily dwarfs other Endlaves.
Endlaves feature a mostly humanoid appearence with them being four to five meters tall. Beyond their typical, bipedal movement, they feature the ability to turn int,o a tank-like form, that allows for greater speed. Their feet feature a wheel-system that allows then to move at high speeds in either form. The Endlaves tipically gather data through the eye-like slits on their heads, which likely feature sensor equipment of some kind. Endlaves are piloted from a remote control center of which the pilot uses da special interface to control it which can theoretically cancel any direct or life-threatning danger. The later Ghost units are controlled through unknown means. Endlaves typically feature offensive equipment such as wrist-mounted emachine-guns, shoulder mounted gatling guns and missile launchers among others.
Later models feature more advanced, even experimental technology. Ayase's rebuild Steiner, featured a flight system and a set of lasers connected to the Endlave's waist appendages that could separate from the main body and could be controled remotely. Daryl's Gespenst had the most modifications, featuring colossal grappling hooks, heavy artillery, it was able to operate normally despite the fact the Virus genomic resonance effects and was outfitted with an experimental system called the Void Genome Emulator, which allowed the Endlave to mimic the effects of it's pilot's Void.
The Endlaves use a unique type of control system of which a pilot is connected to a pod with several connections to his body and the machine is piloted from a remote station. In this state the pilot is immobilized and controls the Endlave through what appears to be simple thought process and synchronization. This allows for finer control of the machine and better response time to a threat. While in theory it also cancels any life-threating situations, by removing the pilot from the war-zone, due to high-level connection between pilot and machine, if the machine sustains damage, the pilot also suffers adverse effects, which causes other handlers to disconnect the pilot from the system due to fear of severe injury and/or death. The later Ghost-type units feature a different, yet unknown as of now control system. The system seems to work based on genomic resonance
- Endlave Jumeau: first-generation Endlave. Used during the initial Funeral Parlor missions and later during the U.N invasion of Japan. Features a more bulky and rounded appearence, disk-shaped heads, piston-like arms, hind-legs and a black-colour scheme.
- Endlave Gautier: second-generation Endlave. Mass-production and the first type of Endlave that appears in the story. Features a more humanoid appearence. Widely used by GHQ to support its mission in Japan.
- Endlave "Ghost Unit": Newest mass-production type of Endslave replacing the Gautier. Firstly appeared in episode 14, this Endslave used by GHQ in Purification Mission. Largely similiar to the Gautier Unit except with a different colour scheme. Uncomfirmed whether it piloted by human or AI.
- Endlave Steiner: Daryl's and later Ayase's custom Endlave. Features superior armor and artillery and is more agile than the basic Endlaves. Destroyed in episode 13, it was apparently rebuild in episode 21, with enhancements.
- Endlave Gespenst: Prototype Endlave, piloted by Daryl. First appearing in episode 21, it easily dwarfs ofther Endlaves and features heavy artillery and experimental technologies, such as the Void Genome Emulator, which allows the ability to mimic the effects of Daryl's Void, creating a barrier that can repel direct attacks.